Mid-Western University, Nepal is one among the emerging higher education institution located at capital city of Karnali Province, Birendranagar, Surkhet, Nepal. It has total of eighteen institution including five central campuses, two schools, ten constituent campuses and one affiliated college across the nation.
Recently, the the Mid-Western University announced admission notice for bachelors level programs at all its campuses, schools and colleges. Now onward, students who want to study at any of the campuses, schools or colleges they can apply for any program through an online system.
The online entrance form can be accessed through this link: entrance.mu.edu.np and you can follow the following instruction/steps for successful form submission and auto receipt of the admit card.
Before you proceed to fill-up the form, collect the following documents and scan in either JPEG or PNG format and note that each image file should be of maximum 512KB in size.
Must have documents:
- Student’s Passport Size Photo
- Applicant’s signature
- SLC Character Certificate
- SLC Transcript / Mark-sheet
- SLC Provisional Certificate
- Scanned copy of Citizenship
- Intermediate/+2 Level Certificate/Mark-sheet (it is optional for now since the result of intermediate/+2 level is recently published and you may not have the certificates, however you must submit these documents when you enroll for the class)
- Scanned Deposit Receipt / Voucher (You need to pay entrance fee specified by the campus/school administration to appear in the entrance. If you want to deposit it at campus/school’s account through bank, then you need to upload scanned voucher and if you want to pay via eSewa account then you don’t need the bank deposit voucher)
- Letter from community school or sponsorship letter (if any).
How to fill-up and submit application
Once you collect all the necessary documents and information, go to entrance.mu.edu.np and you may see the log in interface. You need to create your account in order to fill-up the online entrance form. If you are using desktop or laptop browser then click on ‘register’ button and if you are using mobile phone browser then tap three bars and the ‘register’ option will appear.
Now you will see the interface where you are asked to input your name, email ID and password then click register button and you will automatically redirected to the online entrance form. In the form, there are several section where you need to fill the information and upload documents as per the requirements.
In the first section, you need to select the desired campus where you want to study in the bachelor level, you have the option to select from the following campus/school (except School of Management (MUSOM) which is an autonomous institution of Mid-Western University and the required information can be found with this link):
- Central Campus of Education, Surkhet
- Central Campus of Humanities and Social Sciences, Surkhet
- Central Campus of Science and Technology, Surkhet
- Central Campus of Management, Surkhet
- Central Campus of Engineering, Surkhet
- School of Management (MUSOM), Surkhet
- School of Law, Surkhet
- Bageshwari Multiple Campus, Kohalpur, Banke
- Babai Multiple Campus, Bardiya
- Bheri Gyanodaya Multiple Campus, Jajarkot
- Bheri Multiple Campus, Gumi, Surkhet
- Bidyapur Janata Multiple Campus, Surkhet
- Jaljala Multiple Campus, Rolpa
- Narayan Multiple Campus, Dailekh
- Rara Multiple Campus, Mugu
- Tila Karnali Multiple Campus, Kalikot
- Musikot Khalanga Multiple Campus, Rukum
- Global College International, Kathmandu
Note: if you select the ‘Central Campus of Engineering’ then you have the option to select entrance center either the campus itself or MICD (Masters in International Cooperation and Development), Kathmandu. And you need to select the priority among three courses namely, civil, computer and hydropower and secondly the scholarship priority.
If you have already filled the online entrance form and wish to change the entrance exam center find detailed notice here.
Apart from this, there is similar interface and option for all the other campus and courses. After selecting the campus, yo need to choose faculty, level and program you want to study.
After this, in the next section you need to fill-up your personal information like name, nationality, date of birth, passport size photograph, applicant’s signature, disability and children of martyr status and details. In the next section you need to enter your address and contact details including village, municipality/rural-municipality district, email ID, and phone number. Once complete, you need to fill-up and upload the previous academic records. For now, the SEE/SLC level information is mandatory and intermediate/+2 level information can be left blank since the result is just came out and you may not have the certificate. However, you need to submit during the enrollment process if you passed the entrance. In the same section, you just skip the bachelor and masters option since you are supposed to enroll in bachelor level. Now you need to upload the scanned citizenship card which must be less than 512 KB in size and png or jpeg format only. Then fill-up your guardian details like father, mother details and spouse information if you have.
After completing the course details and personal information, you need to choose the option in which way you want to pay the entrance fee to college. There are two option currently available 1) Bank deposit slip/voucher and 2) eSewa payment. If you select the voucher option then upload the receipt on entrance fee payment paid to respective campus/school’s account then check the ‘agree’ button then click register. If you want to pay with eSewa, then select ‘eSewa’ option from drop down option and click register. You will redirect to the next page where you can proceed for eSewa payment through your eSewa account.
After completing this whole process, you are done and you will redirect the dashboard. In dashboard you can see your application details, payment status, campus/school verification and download option.
After your successful submission and payment process, respective campus will receive your form and they will check and verify the form. Once verified, you can download your admit card which you need to bring at the entrance exam center on scheduled date and time.
If you want to see full tutorial video on how to fill-up the MU online entrance form click here. For more details about the university, admission schedule, program available at all the campuses and contact details click here. If you want to fill-up the entrance form offline by hand and submit to the respective campus in person click here to download the form.