Kathmandu University (KU) called vacancy for the post of Dean of School of Engineering (SOE), KU. As per the vacancy published by ‘dean-recommendation committee’, the tenure of the called dean position will be of three years and interested candidate should submit application or Expression of Interest (E0I).
- Committed, innovative, and collaborative leader.
- PhD or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- Worked or/been working at the rank of Professor or equivalent in the university or other relevant institutions
- Relevant work experience of managerial and academic administration, such as Associate Dean/Director/or Head of the Department etc.
- Good track record/experience in research and scholarship with the successful completion of academic research projects.
- Good track record of research article publications in the peer reviewed indexed journals at the national and international level.
- Age not exceeding 63 years.
- Not convicted of any criminal charges of moral turpitude.
Compensation package and other benefits will be as per the KU regulations.
Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor and Registrar, the Dean of School of Engineering is responsible for the overall leadership of the school, both strategically and operationally. As the main leader of the school, the Dean is responsible for building productive relations with government, community partners, professional organizations and other key stakeholders and donors.
The Dean is also responsible for developing unique, good quality, transformable undergraduate and graduate teaching, learning and research experiences that encourages critical, creative, and innovatory practices among the students and faculties. By focusing on teaching excellence, student-centered learning experiences, and promoting research connectedness, the Dean will position the School and the University more broadly in ways that meet the needs of students today, and into the future.
Kathmandu University (KU) is an autonomous, not-for-profit, public institution of higher learning dedicated to maintaining high standards of academic excellence. The mission of the institution is to provide ‘quality education for leadership’. The University is in the forefront of knowledge generation and dissemination in the fields of Science, Engineering, Management, Education, Law, Arts, and Medical Sciences.
KUSOE is the premier institution in the country for offering professional engineering courses in Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical, Computer, Civil, Geomatics, Chemical and Architecture programs from UG to PhD level. Its academic programs intends to produce highly competent. motivated and entrepreneurial candidates and professionals contributing to national, regional and global problems related to engineering. KUSOE has developed linkage with 57+ international organizational and various national organization.
How to Apply?
Interested applicant should email their application/EOI along with CV to email@example.com
5 March, 2021 not later than 2400 hours (Nepal Standard Time)